Questions you might ask
|1. What are Michiganís teacher certification requirements?
- Tool: Department of Education-Teacher certification
|2. Where can I get easy access to the Michigan Grade Level Content Expectations [GLCEs], standards and benchmarks?
The Basics: Links to the Grade Level Content Expectations [GLCEs] and Standards and Benchmarks:
- Tool: K-8 English Language Arts GLCEs
- Tool: K-8 Mathematics GLCEs
- Tool: GLCE Accompanying Documents
- Tool: K-8 and High School Social Studies GLCEs
- Tool: Michigan Curriculum Framework Social Studies Standards and Benchmarks
- Tool: Michigan Curriculum Framework Science Standards and Benchmarks
See other local curriculum documents
|3. What resources are available for aligning curriculum and instruction with standards?
- Tool: Curriculum mapping
- Tool: ASSIST Module on Developing Curriculum
|4. Can I find help with standards-based planning?
- Tool: Standards-based planning
- Tool: Yearly plan for all content areas
- Tool: Unit planning: exploring content expectations
- Tool: Teachable moments observation
- Tool: Performance descriptors
- Tool: List of potential performance tasks
|5. What are sources for sample lessons in the content areas?
- Tool: Exploring content expectations: Middle school math example
[can be adapted to other grade levels and subject areas]
- Tool: Adapting curriculum mathematically
- Tool: Tools for planning activities with students
- Tool: Sample activities to match the Michigan Mathematics Standards
|6. Is there help available for using the Michigan Curriculum Framework?
- Tool: Making sense of the content standards in the Michigan Curriculum Framework: Essential questions
- Tool: Making sense of the content standards in the Michigan Curriculum Framework: Standard diagrams
|7. Does the state of Michigan have other resources that will help me?
- Tool: Michigan Department of Education professional development and induction resources
- Tool: MI MAP A Michigan Department of Education tool kit containing many resources for school improvement
- Tool: Michigan Online Resources for Educators