Questions you might ask
|1. What resources are available for teaching content at different grade levels?
- Tool: Tools for teaching in the core content areas in elementary, middle, and high school
- Tool: Yearly plan for all content areas
- Tool: Curriculum mapping
- Tool: ASSIST Module on Developing Curriculum
- Tool: Unit planning: Exploring content expectations
- Tool: Unit planning across the content areas
- Tool: Unit plan templates
|2. Where can I find help with standards-based planning?
Tool: Michigan curriculum content standards
Tool: Standards-based planning [sample worksheet included]
Tool: Standards-based activities [the big picture-interpreting Michigan standards, long term plans, unit and lesson plans, alternative activities]
|3. How can I get help in planning activities in my new assignment?
- Tool: Sample lesson plan sites
- Tool: Ideas for teaching different subject areas, different grade levels
- Tool: Mental challenges of activities
- Tool: Observation form: Looking at the mental challenge of activities/tasks
- Tool: Unit plan for multiple learning styles [example]
- Tool: Evaluating learning styles of activities [multiple intelligences]
Analysis of student work samples
|4. How do I go about grouping in this new assignment?
|5. Where can I get help with classroom discussions?
- Tool: Classroom discussions
- Tool: Types of discussion questions
- Tool: Sketching and analyzing discussions
- Tool: Sample sketches
- Tool: Set tasks for students by asking questions
- Tool: Leading discussion--an inventory
- Tool: Planning with Big Ideas in social studies
- Tool: Debriefing activities for science discussions [can apply to any content any level]
- Tool: Sample sketch: Bar graphs in fifth grade
- Tool: Involving socially and culturally diverse students
- Tool: Recording classroom interactions
|6. Can I find more in-depth help in developing my curriculum?
|7. Are there sites related to professional learning that will support me?
- Tool: Online professional development resources
- Tool: Sustaining the work
- Tool: Professional teaching communities
- Tool: Professional learning communities