Tool: Questions to ask as you
research induction programs
Purpose of this tool: This tool provides you and your colleagues with a set of questions to
ask as you research and plan an induction program in your school and/or
How to use this tool: Answer the following questions with your colleagues prior to reading about
models of strong induction programs from across the country and from Michigan. Record your answers before reading the program descriptions that follow:
- What strengths do our students
bring with them to our school?
- What strengths do our faculty
- How does our students’
performance compare to state and district learning standards?
- What are the major areas in which
we need to improve student learning?
- What skills do our faculty have
in these areas?
- What skills do our faculty need
to improve student learning in these areas?
- How can we organize resources
to meet the learning needs of our staff and students?
- How can we work with the district
and with other schools to obtain these resources?