Tool: Getting started
Purpose of this tool: This tool will help you and your colleagues to prepare for analyzing student work together.
How to use this tool: Answer these questions together with your colleagues before analyzing student work. Read the overview of Guidelines for analyzing student work before using this tool.
- What do we want to learn from analyzing student work?
- Which approach will help us to learn this? What protocol will we use?
- How will we organize ourselves for this approach? Who will act as the facilitator? Who will be the first to present their students’ work?
- Who else can help us with this work? How will we obtain this person’s help?
- What other resources do we need to do this work? How will we obtain them?