Characteristics of strong induction programs
Strong induction programs...
- Are multi-year, supporting beginning teachers over three years;
- Integrate support, development and assessment of beginning teachers based on high standards for teaching and learning;
- Meet beginning teachers’ immediate concerns and move them towards more complex understandings and practices;
- Meet the learning needs of mentor teachers, helping them become effective mentors and teacher leaders for school improvement;
- Build on and contribute to a collaborative school culture;
- Include on-going program evaluation that informs adjustments and improvements.
See Benefits of strong induction programs.