1. had in-depth conversations with
beginning teachers about content standards to determine what
background knowledge they bring regarding these matters?
2. provided opportunities (grade level, department level)
for teachers to engage in curriculum mapping—aligning national,
state and local standards?
3. provided opportunities for the teachers to converse by
grade level or department about year-end expectations so
they acquire the big picture before they get buried in day-to-day
4. provided opportunities for teachers to converse by grade
level or department about assessment, including teacher-made
and standardized tests that are used to measure achievement?
5. provided opportunities for teachers (including grade levels
and departments) to converse about what success beyond standardized test
scores looks like?
6. provided opportunities for teachers to design and implement
measures to look at student growth and development beyond
7. provided opportunities for teachers to converse about
and study student work in an effort to get clearer about
what constitutes meaningful learning (know, understand, appreciate
and apply as related to standards)?