Resources on mentor selection
- Gold, Y. (1996). Beginning teacher support: Attrition, mentoring and induction. In Sikula, J., Buttery, T.J., & Guyton, E. (Eds.), Handbook of research on teacher education, 2nd ed. (pp. 548-616). New York: Macmilan.
- Rowley, J. B. (1999). The good mentor. Educational Leadership, 56(8), 20-22.
- Fideler E., & Haselkorn, D. (1999). Learning the ropes: Urban teacher induction programs and practices in the United States. Belmont, MA: Recruiting New Teachers.
- Murray, M. with Owen, M. (1991). Beyond the myths and magic
of mentoring: How to facilitate and effective mentoring program. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass.
- Portner, H. (2001). Training mentors is not enough: Everything else
schools and districts need to do. Thousand Oaks, CA: Corwin Press.
- SRI International. (2000). Preparing and supporting new teachers: A literature review. Washington, DC: U.S. Department of Education Planning and Evaluation Service.