Sample high school class schedule
- The first 5 minutes I catch my students' attention. After I have them “hooked,” I spend…
- 10 minutes: reviewing yesterday’s lesson
- 15-20 minutes: directly teaching a new concept or building on yesterday’s concept
- 15 minutes: getting students involved with an extension activity in groups or alone
- If enough time remains, I may have the students present in front of the class.
“I think this way while I plan for my week. If my students need extra time reviewing yesterday’s lesson, I am flexible and tweak my schedule to their needs.”
from Nancy Williams, English/Reading teacher