Group share in Writing Workshop
One way to end writing workshop (or to end any other subject matter work time) is to bring the whole class together for a Group Share (or Community Circle or Sharing Time, etc.). The following is a list of ideas of what to discuss during this time:
- Author's Chair: Have a special chair for students to sit in to read their published pieces. Their peers gather around to listen and then ask questions or provide feedback after the text has been shared.
- Have students share something they learned.
- Have students share how they applied a skill or strategy in their writing.
- Have students share how they solved a problem. Ask for alternative ways to solve that same problem.
- Ask students to line up in two lines facing each other. Have them share something with the person lined up in front of them. Then move one row a person or two or three in one direction and have them share something different with their new partner.
- Have students share a question they are still wondering about.
- Add your ideas…